- Trail Build Days. TAMBA volunteers have contributed about 5,000 hours of trail building and maintenance since 2011. For 2013 we put in over 1,000 volunteer hours of trail building with over 20 individual trail days around Lake Tahoe. Trails worked on include Mr Toads, Sidewinder, Corral, Tyrolean Incline Village, Tahoe City Rim Trail Connector, Cold Creek, Sunflower Hill, Flume Trail, Tahoe Rim Trail, Galena, and the new Monument Trail above High Meadow.
- Rose to Toads Ride. 2013 marked the third annual Rose to Toads ride – this was the year of fire and snow. Our Labor Day date got smoked out from the Yosemite Rim Fire, and our Sept 22nd rescheduled date was greeted with fresh snow in the high country. It was the most memorable ride so far.
- Kirkwood Sierra Cup Races. Fundraiser included XC and Super D races in July.
- Tahoe Fat Tire Festival. 2013 was the 2nd annual festival and fundraiser with races and events over 3 days in September.
- Fundraising for new trail projects. TAMBA rose over $20,000 in the summer of 2013 to build new mountain bike specific jumps and features on Corral Trail and also to go towards the new Kingsbury Stinger trail both to begin work in 2014.
- Partnership with the Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship to build out the planned improvements on Corral Trail starting in May 2014.
- Corral Night Ride – we brought back an old harebrained idea some of us had in the past and ended up with about 60 people riding bikes in the dark on Corral trail dressed in crazy costumes. That’s to Jetlites for supplying free demo lights. Read more from the Angry Single Speeder’s column on MTBR.
- We threw Spring and Fall parties with big raffles and brews, thanks to everyone that joined as a member at the parties and the local businesses that donated towards the raffles.
- We grew with your involvement. Membership (150 paid in 2013) / Email list (800 address) / Facebook (2400 following)
- Teaming with area groups to host joint trail works days including the Podunks, Muscle Powered, and Tahoe Rim Trail Association.
- New crew leaders and volunteers stepped up – we had 6 new crew leaders and about 75 new volunteers in 2013.
- Bike Park at Heavenly: Heavenly Mountain Resorts is in the planning and permitting stages of adding more summer actives on the mountain including a new bike park. The bike park will be at the top of the Gondola, with lift access on Big Easy and Comet Express lifts. 9-10 miles of new lift-serviced trails will be built along with a skills area and pump track. Potential connections to the Tahoe Rim Trail near Mott Canyon and also a longer single track connector trail on the front side towards Van Sickle are also being looked at. TAMBA is very excited to be giving input on this new project that might be built starting in 2015. More information and a map can be found online: HERE
- Corral Trail Building 2014 with the Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship (May)
- Tahoe Mountain Trail Work (May/ June/ July 2014)
- Bijou Bike Park (Pump track to be built summer 2014)
- Kingsbury Stinger (September/ October 2014)
- NV State Parks – East side of Tunnel Creek single track connector (Summer 2014)