The 2nd Annual Meyers Mountain Bike Festival will take place on Sunday August 10, 2014 in the Divided Sky parking lot, located at 3200 US Highway 50. Ride hard, have fun and help raise funds for the TAMBA trail building fund!
This event is proudly presented by The Divided Sky.
7:30 am – Check in for the Triple Crown Ride (see below for ride details), Start time is 8:30 am
10:00 am to 2:00 pm – Shuttles and bike demos from the parking lot at the Divided Sky. Bike demos by Ibis, Specialized, Rocky Mountain and Giant.
2:30 pm – Kids Ride, led by Amy Fish. RSVP here for this free ride!
3:00 pm 2:00pm- Celebration begins with live bands, DJ, beer garden, BBQ, expo booths, kids zone and community fun! This was changed from 3pm to 2pm in case afternoon t-storms roll in.
Starting at 3pm, there will be a celebration of mountain biking in the Meyers community with a beer garden, a kids zone, and live music. Ninkasi will be offering up their ice cold ales in the outside beer garden. Adventure Sport and Grill will be serving up tasty barbecue, and the Divided Sky will have a grill setup for all the hungry riders. The music lineup features The Sierra Drifters from South Lake Tahoe, the Mark Sexton Band from Reno, and LazyMan from Healdsburg, with DJ Berkmon spinning great beats in between sets.
Read a write up from last year’s event HERE.
Don’t miss this family friendly, community event that celebrates all the Meyers Community has to offer. The festival would not be possible without the generosity and support of our sponsors and volunteers. A special thank you to: Ninkasi Brewing, Rise Designs, The Divided Sky, TAMBA, Watta Bike, South Shore Bikes, Tahoe Sports LTD, Ibis, DaKine, Clif Bar, Meyers Physical Therapy, Shuttle Around Tahoe,Granite Rocx, The Studio Meyers, Elevate Wellness, and Safe Haven Chiropractic. Opportunities for sponsorships are still available. Contact Mike Decker at email@example.com or call- 530-721-1676 or 530-545-9941 for details.
Meyers Triple Crown Ride
The festival kicks off with a “Triple Crown Ride” covering 30+ miles and a 5,200 elevation gain. Riders should arrive at the Divided Sky at 7:30am to register for the ride. The ride will kick off at 8:30 am or as soon as you want to roll out, no mass start. A $25 donation will support the Tahoe Area Mountain Biking Association (TAMBA), and Clif Bar will have water and fueling stations along the ride. All riders will receive a poster and tee shirt printed and designed by Rise Designs in Meyers, plus a raffle ticket for amazing prizes.
Link to Strava track, gps map. and stats
(Turn by turn description, sort of )
- Start at Divided Sky 3200 US Highway 50 in Meyers, CA
- Ride up Highway 50 toward Echo Summit for ½ mile
- Turn left on South Upper Truckee Road, continue on the road for 4 miles until you get to the trail head for the bottom of Christmas Valley Trail (aka Lake Valley).
- Ride Up Christmas Valley Trail for 4 miles until you get to the intersection of the Tahoe Rim Trail, turn left here and continue on toward Big Meadow.
- At approximately mile 11 you will cross Highway 89 and ride through the parking lot where there is bathroom if needed. Continue on the Tahoe Rim Trail and pedal up to the top of Toads (aka Saxon Creek).
- At approximately mile 15 you will be at the top of Toads, here you take a left and veer off the Tahoe Rim Trail entering upper Toads and the famed rock gardens.
- At the bottom of Toads (mile 22) you will meet up with the paved Forest Service Road, Fountain Place. Pedal up Fountain Place road to the top of Armstrong Connector Trail (mile 25.5)
- Haul down Armstrong Connector to Corral Trail – take your pick between riding upper Corral or Sidewinder the meet back up on Lower Corral and air out on the new TAMBA built jumps and berms.
- At the bottom of Corral ride Powerline dirt road back to Fountain Place road, cut back over to the bottom of Toads and ride the neighborhood trails through Zapotec Dr and out behind Watta Bike. Give the guys at Watta Bike a high-five as you pass by, and then continue on back to Divided Sky to partake in the Festival! Collect your poster and tshirt and have the satisfaction of completing one badass ride!